Cersot


Inhabited by the Celts, this small rural village was once at the crossroads of the Roman roads leading

to Chagny, Chalon-sur-Saône, Tournus and Charolles. It's impossible to miss its church, massive and very visible, of the Assumption of the Virgin, surrounded by its cemetery. A small point of interest when crossing the bridge over the Guye : it is indicated that the World War II demarcation line passed just at the entrance to the village, dividing the commune in two until 1943. Even more tragic, it is in the hamlet of Neuilly that 12 people were shot on June 12, 1944 by the occupying forces (Monument at the place called Neuilly). The village has long since regained its tranquility and invites you to follow a beautiful Balade Verte for 14 km "Le Chemin des Celtes" (The Celtic Way). Also worth seeing are the Romanesque church, the remains of a 13th century feudal chateau (2 towers), mills and a wash house.

A la découverte de Cersot

  • Eglise de l'Assomption, ©Lucie Caillaud

    Eglise de l'Assomption, ©Lucie Caillaud

  • Cersot, ©Lucie Caillaud

    Cersot, ©Lucie Caillaud

  • Cersot, ©Lucie Caillaud

    Cersot, ©Lucie Caillaud

  • Monument aux morts, ©Lucie Caillaud

    Monument aux morts, ©Lucie Caillaud

  • Ligne de démarcation, ©Lucie Caillaud

    Ligne de démarcation, ©Lucie Caillaud

  • Lavoir, ©Lucie Caillaud

    Lavoir, ©Lucie Caillaud

  • Eglise de l'Assomption, ©Lucie Caillaud
  • Cersot, ©Lucie Caillaud
  • Cersot, ©Lucie Caillaud
  • Monument aux morts, ©Lucie Caillaud
  • Ligne de démarcation, ©Lucie Caillaud
  • Lavoir, ©Lucie Caillaud

Pour contacter la mairie :

Mairie
La Redoute
71390 Cersot

03 85 96 14 32

mairie.cersot71,orange,fr