Eglise Saint-Germain

71390 Buxy • Church

  • Crédits photo : Rozenn Krebel Crédits photo : Rozenn Krebel
  • Crédits photo : Rozenn Krebel Crédits photo : Rozenn Krebel
  • Crédits photo : Rozenn Krebel
  • Crédits photo : Rozenn Krebel

The Romanesque church of Buxy, with three naves, located in the heart of the old town, has probably succeeded to more modest buildings, made of wood, which were burned several times. Only the choir remains of this Romanesque church, but the present three-aisled church, enlarged in 1863, retains its spirit.
Two chapels added in the 16th century, still bearing the names of their founders (Cortot chapel, Perreault chapel) do not break the harmony (the first is that of the Blessed Sacrament).
Partially listed as a historical monument in 1943: the apse, the apsidioles, the transept, the bell tower with its access turret and the two north side chapels.

Opening times

Open all year round with free access.

Rankings and labels :

  • Adhérents

Eglise Saint-Germain

71390 Buxy

  • Adhérents