Designated since 2010 and renewed in 2020 by the Ministry of Culture, the Pays d'art et d'histoire [region of art and history] between Cluny et Tournus now includes 80 municipalities, spread over 4 communities and 1 bordering municipality
- the community of Clunisois municipalities
- the community of Mâconnais-Tournugeois municipalities
- the community of Sud Côte Chalonnaise municipalities
- the community of Entre Saône et Grosne municipalities
- the municipality of Azé (since 2011, under the status of associated municipality)
Eight municipalities of the Sud Côte Chalonnaise are part of the region designated Pays d'art et d'histoire. They are Bissy-sur-Fley, Burnand, Culles-les-Roches, Saint-Gengoux-le-National, Saint-Martin-des-Champs, Saint-Martin-du-Tartre, Sercy and Vaux-en-Pré.